Menu
Angela30
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Need a tv box replacement

Hi, how do I enquire about needing my virgin media tv box replaced? It is not working, I’ve had the same box for many years, can I order a new one? The website has me going round in circles and no one answers when I call...

thanks 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Need a box replacement

Which Virgin Media Box are you talking about ...

tivo-v6

hub

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Angela30
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 26
Flag for a moderator

The second one, TiVo box

nothing fancy haha

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@Angela30 wrote:

The second one, TiVo box

nothing fancy haha

What is wrong with it ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Angela30
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Well we had a thunder storm last week and my tv and box were affected, got another tv and tv box still not working, it lights up but that’s all it does, tried different usb cables and none work.. it just says no service

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 26
Flag for a moderator

You can contact VM to report the problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is weekdays 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Angela30

Welcome along to our Community and thanks so much for your first post; I was sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with your TV services since a Thunder storm last week; did you notice any lightening at all or any other issues with your home electrics at the time? 

I have located your account from your forum information and have gone through a few checks; we can see it's been around 22 hours since you last rebooted the box; all is showing online here and we can see that it's tuned into a channel. We have no known area issues listed and all signals are where they should be. I have sent some messaged to the box to see if we are connected and all are being received without issue. 

Are you still having the issue today? May we ask where it advises the error "no signal"? If you have a picture, that would be great. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Angela30
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have tried a scart lead and it’s working with that but not with normal lead and I have bought a new one and still no service, so it looks like the box has definitely got issues..

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that @Angela30 - sounds like the HDMI port may be impacted if it's working with the SCART; at least you have a workaround for the moment. 

We can arrange for a new box to be sent for self-installation - is this something you would be comfortable doing yourself at home? The self-install will require some light bending and some unplugging and plugging back in different cables.

If not, we can book a technician out instead. Please let me know what you would prefer and I can get that arranged for you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 26
Flag for a moderator

if they have managed to connect a scart to test then they seem more than capable of the self-install 🙂

0 Kudos