cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a technician visit PLEASE.

andreipatrona
Joining in

I am in desperate need for an engineer/technician to come and fix the wifi issues at home. I work from home and i cannot do my job. Please!

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you let us know the exact nature of the problem there are lots of people on the board who can help. If you are always working at home it is far far better to use an Ethernet cable connection rather than WiFi. See also below:

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi andreipatrona, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you are having issues with your broadband connection. 😔 We've run some preliminary diagnostics on your home network and Hub have not found any issues that could account for the issues you've mentioned. We've run a check on the overall area too and there are no open faults which could be affecting you either. 

• ➡ Do you have the same issues when connecting via an ethernet cable?
  • ➡ Do you find you have issues across multiple devices or just your work device?
  • ➡ Can you elaborate on the type of issues you're having? (such as slow speeds/disconnections/both etc.)

Once we have more information we can then start working towards a resolution with you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this....

Can we check… are your issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

If its just a wifi issue we can help with that here.

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens if a Hub3 is the base light a steady white(ish) or flashing green?

Report back....

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.