cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a cable re-pull

angry_customer2
Joining in

Our broadband stopped working on 26th June. An engineer came on 28th June and said the cable needs to be re-pulled to the property.

I've spent god knows how many hours trying to get someone from Virgin to give me a date when an engineer will come. I have 2 open complaints, had one online chat and just today had another online chat via WhatsApp where the chat started at 8:56am and went on until I gave up at 11:24am! In that time they transferred me from broadband to mobile, back to broadband, said they'd transfer me to sales but transferred me to care who then transferred me to sales who then said to ring technical support. I'm still no closer to getting this resolved!

This is ridiculous gross incompetence! All I want is for someone from Virgin to book the cable re-pull and let me know the date!

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The only good news about this is that you will be entitled to compensation for every day you are out of service, excluding the first two days. 

The bad news is that VM will likely ask their local subcontractor to do the replacement cabling, and the job then disappears into a time warp.  Probably the only way you can expedite this is to phone in again (yes, I know!) and use the menu options to 'thinking of leaving us'.  Then say you will be leaving your contract because they are not able to provide the service.  You may be able to get them to chase it up. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I already found the auto compensation stuff. Funnily enough nobody I spoke to at Virgin thought to mention that to me but I now have confirmation that they will pay it.
I'm not prepared to waste more of my valuable time chasing this - that should be what their complaints department are doing!
For years, TalkTalk have been the most complained about broadband provider but looks like Virgin are desperately fighting to take that title and they're definitely succeeding looking at the latest stats from Ofcom!

Hi there,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that your experience has been far less than satisfactory in regards to this re-pull. As per previously mentioned, you will be entitled under the Auto Compensation Scheme for this outage - which will be automatically calculated when the re-pull has been completed - I understand this is not a fix to the problem, and I will do my best to assist further.

So we can look into this further for you, I'm going to send you a private message to gather some details. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ