Menu
Viconia
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

NaN on order status - update please?

Hi All, 

Could someone please tell me what NaN/NaN/NaN means on my order tracking? 

I've been waiting to be installed since last month and have no idea what's going on. I believe I am waiting for some sort of construction work to be undertaken but I can't seem to get an update on progress or the likely duration when I ring up? In the meantime I am bleeding money through mobile wifi and an UNBELIEVABLY slow standard broadband. No other options in my street so I'm totally stuck.

Does anyone have any ideas or can someone in the technical team please advise me? 

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: NaN on order status - update please?

You guessed correct, construction works, which typically means VM have no idea when it'll be complete as it's outside contractors. 

So anytime between now and 8 weeks depending on whether it requires council planning permission (and CS won't know that either!) 

I'd advise you to keep an eye on the one network for your local area: https://one.network/

0 Kudos
Viconia
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So I just looked on the one network link as you suggested and roughly where my property is it seems to suggest works are about to start and that the responsibility is with Virgin Media.... the description for the work is 'to install tee in cw'. Would you have any idea what that means? 

The date range for the work was 21-25 January but I guess VM would ring me if it was actually complete? 

Sorry for all the questions, it's my first experience with VM so just had no idea on any of this!

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you walk out of your property onto the pavement, do you see any small plastic boxes, normally labelled CATV? That's a tee. 

The VM cable will be pulled from that 'tee' and connected to your property. 

0 Kudos
Viconia
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No not yet - but thanks so much now I know what I'm looking for. I can see other properties along the street have them so at least I know what I'm looking for now. 

Super helpful thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The cw or c/w is an abbreviation for carriageway. 

0 Kudos
Viconia
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks jpeg1, funnily enough the alert that was present on the one.network site has now disappeared from the site. Maybe that means it's complete. I clearly need to go looking around outside to see if there's a plastic box anywhere!

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like you won't have to wait too long now!

0 Kudos
Viconia
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Would be really nice if it was quick from here on out. I can't see any difference outside though so maybe wishful thinking or perhaps they ran into some other issue 😞 

I might ring VM customer services at the end of the week to ask for an update if they can give me one....

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Keep checking your online account

0 Kudos