Menu
Kimflore1
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

NO WELCOME EMAIL, so no account number to access my virgin media

have not had a welcome email, so i dont have access to my account number and cant see the amount of days i have had the broadband package subscription, i have difficulties keeping track of things.

I have spoken to someone about this but no email arrived, they said they would send a letter so i can change my telephone password, this has not arrived either, so im just waiting here and then it will be too late to change my mind about keeping the subscription, i cant afford to pay the fee if i have to leave later.

I am currently concerned about a few things so i need to speak to someone who can help.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO WELCOME EMAIL, so no account number to access my virgin media

Hi phone 150 free from a virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Kimflore1
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

thank you

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Kimflore1

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you have not had your welcome email or contract as yet. These are usually sent before installation - have you checked your spam/junk folder at all? 

I have been able to locate your account from here and I can see it was emailed out to the email address we have registered back in April. I can also see that we have sent reminder letters out a few times in the last few weeks; these usually take around 10 days to arrive as it is via post and would be sent to the home address. 

We'd hate to see you leave us; you do only have 14 days to change your mind and leave without charge - what is making you think you may wish to leave? Can we assist you with anything here at all? 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kimflore1
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hi there, i have gotten a letter now with a reminder of my memorable word.

I checked my spam and checked more than one email in case i had given another, im just unsure which one i gave, since i was having a hard time on the day that i got the call.
What can I do next?

I will check again, I searched Virgin Media and nothing came up, wondering if you have the wrong email.

thank you

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can certainly check that for you @Kimflore1

What I'll do is pop you a quick Private Message so we can go through security with you; then we can confirm the email address and I can also resend the contract if needed. 

Once you have your account information, you can set up your online account also which will enable you to check your bills and contract all in one place. 

Look out for the Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kimflore1
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

thank you

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Kimflore1

I have popped you a reply this morning - we do need to pass security before we can assist so please do pop back with the answers requested as soon as you can

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your Private Messages @Kimflore1

I have updated your email address to the one you have provided in your PM and also resent the contract to the correct address; this should be with you shortly. You can also access it via your online account once you have created an account. 

If you choose to move home whilst in contract and we're unable to come with you as it's a non-Virgin Media area, then Early Disconnection Fee's will apply. These are capped at £240 - the exact amount  you would have to pay will depend on your package cost and how long you  have remaining of your contract. You can check this link to see how the EDF's work

The speeds you have advised in your messages are a bit slower than we'd expect for your package - how are things looking via a direct wired connection, any better? Currently I am unable to do any additonal checks on your broadband as you are impacted by a known area issue that is impacting broadband today. This has been logged under reference number C01210087 and the estimated fix time is around 3pm today. 

Do keep us posted

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Kimflore1
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hi there, 1. I have been given mixed information, someone on the Virgin Media chat help told me that i would NOT be charged a cancelation fee if the new area does not support Virgin Media Broadband!
So that is unfair that i was given this information approximately 2 days ago.
They also said they would send me the welcome email, i received nothing!!
Nor have i received anything in the post other than the router itself!

I have been experiencing similar speeds to this on previous days!

How am I supposed to make a decision with all of this confusion?

Can my cooling period be lengthened?
Especially since I have mental health conditions and learning disabilities, making all of this harder!

Currently im not impressed, It has not been easy to use or understand and I have not received the necessary help early enough, no one on the chat help said i could contact staff here, I told most if not all that I struggle with mental health and neurological conditions!

0 Kudos