Menu
ValeriuGiorgi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

NO WALL SOCKET

I have recently moved house and am currently in the process of renovating, and earlier this week I ordered our Quick start kit under the belief that the new house had a Virgin wall socket, however after receiving the kit today and attempting to start self- installing, I discovered there is not any VM wall socket.

How to book an appointment with engineer because I tried to call 0345 454 1111 but can’t get an appointment. Only automatic voices. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
stabilo00
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: NO WALL SOCKET

Property will have had cable at some point or you would not have been given a self install. Have a look outside and see if you have a brown or grey box. If yes then trace any cables from there. Other wise hang on here till someone from virgin responds.
0 Kudos
ValeriuGiorgi
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, the property is on the third floor and have only this:

31C98000-1675-45EC-A5EE-459B0CBB82F6.jpeg

2D821343-6321-42D4-9DA1-B3C8565E9DFE.jpeg

I had a look outside and yes , found the brown box .

7F018512-14C5-447D-9D62-56974CDEAC89.jpeg

AFE5782D-5793-488F-84E3-07C6D7DDD4D7.jpeg

 the cables from the brown box are both going on the properties under mine.

my property is with blue circle and the only cables I have going through the balcony I can assume are from Tv . 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

1st picture is an Openreach socket. Virgin do not use Openreach. Second is a standard aerial outlet, again of no use to you. Your only hope of a service is if there is a surviving cable going up from the brown box outside.

A lot of what I can see is years old legacy wiring which no doubt goes back to the days when Virgin’s predecessors would install anywhere. This is no longer the case. Virgin installers now only carry short ladders & are not heights trained, with only a handful of heights teams that basically deal with any health & safety issues on what has already been put up.

So I would ask for an engineer install & then keep your fingers crossed, as if the cable has been cut off going through the wall it’s going to be difficult to salvage without a heights team.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ValeriuGiorgi
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My fingers are already crossed .is only my opinion but maybe is possible to pull out the TV cables from the hole because I don’t use it, then go through with VM cables so don’t need a new hole in the wall. Anyway give me please time and date when engineer can help me .Thanks.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@ValeriuGiorgi wrote:

My fingers are already crossed .is only my opinion but maybe is possible to pull out the TV cables from the hole because I don’t use it, then go through with VM cables so don’t need a new hole in the wall. Anyway give me please time and date when engineer can help me .Thanks.

As per my signature below, I do not work for Virgin Media. I am just another customer giving advice. You will either have to ring Virgin & change your install to manned, or wait for the forum staff here to respond which may take a while.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes there is no socket, just a cable poking through the wall.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
ValeriuGiorgi
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am trying to ring them but is quite impossible speak with someone. Is there a special forum where to write to the stuff ?thanks.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@ValeriuGiorgi wrote:

I am trying to ring them but is quite impossible speak with someone. Is there a special forum where to write to the stuff ?thanks.

you have posted in the 'special' forum - VM will get to the thread and look at booking a tech but as said you may be told the computer says no

Tony
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi ValeriuGiorgi,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear you haven't got a wall sock in the property and wouldn't be able to self install, this is something I can help with, I haven't been able to find your account with the details we have so I would need to invite you into a private chat.

I will send you a invite shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos