cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIGHTMARE

GStraw_96
Joining in

Had an absolute nightmare trying to change my service provider from Sky to Virgin. 

First of all I couldn't set up my quick start kit due to a non existing cable to my home because apparently the old cable had been cut, fair enough not virgins fault. 

Technician came out was a young lad couldn't do enough to help and fitted all the boxes inside the house and cables inside the house to get me started once the groundwork for a new cable to my house had been completed.

This is where it gets frustrating, after numerous amounts of calls and days sat in the house waiting for appointments for Virgin to be coming out and doing groundworks, still after 1 month I have no service as seen in the photos the appointments had to get rescheduled therefore I have no line still. 

So the contract I wanted with Virgin was started on the 18th of September which was a good deal and is the reason why I moved to them from Sky, the downside is it took me till the 19th of October to get my line finally put in and running. All sounds good now.

More issues arise my first bill is due on the 20th of October which I was told is for 2 months service and equipment fee, no problem but little did I expect to be paying for a month of service that I didn't have.

To top that off today on the 20th of October I phone up Virgin and the customer service team was so kindly to tell me that they have wavered me the last month that I didn't have service and will credit it me on my next bill, so kind. They then also told me my next bill included missed appointments that are chargeable. To my knowing none of my appointments were missed but seeing the photos attached plenty of virgin appointments was missed. Am I eligible to charge for them? 

Screenshot_20231020-173817.png

Screenshot_20231020-173811.png

Screenshot_20231020-173805.png

Screenshot_20231020-173646.png

Screenshot_20231020-173644.png

  

Screenshot_20231020-173639.png

Screenshot_20231020-173635.png

Screenshot_20231020-173631.png

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Additional edit (now images are showing): The first three images are VM advising you will be credited @£29.15 for missed appointments when VM failed to show with less than 24 hours notice.

Whether or not the later re-pull cancellations bring any credit would depend on whether VM advised you had to be in for those visits (normally you would not be expected to be in for external work).

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you had a failed 'Quick Start' kit, VM classes that as a fault under its auto-comp scheme (para 6 below)

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

so two working days after you phone in the fault to VM you are eligible for £9.33 per day for each full day until your service is activated.

VM may charge you your monthly package fee in this time but, if they want to give you a credit in addition to the auto compensation then why not?!

As for missed appointments, you need only be in when VM specifically requests it. In the case of replacing a cable outside then you would not normally be expected to be in.

If you miss an appointment when you should have been in, VM will charge you £25 per appointment.

If VM fails to show up to an appointment, when you were asked to be in, and does not give you at least 24 hours notice then VM owes you £29.15 per appointment.

If you read enough of the 'delayed installation' topics on this forum (there is no shortage to choose from) you will see that much of the information given out by VM staff on the phone in regards to compensation is not correct. Strangely the information always seems to minimise, or remove, the official auto-comp payments in VM's favour by replacing the correct payments with lesser 'goodwill' sums of money.

A basic calc says you might be due something like £270-ish based on the number of days if you phoned in the problem on 18/9/23 and were up and running on 19/10/23. Then add in any missed appointment credits you might be due. (Your images won't appear until moderated).

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Additional edit (now images are showing): The first three images are VM advising you will be credited @£29.15 for missed appointments when VM failed to show with less than 24 hours notice.

Whether or not the later re-pull cancellations bring any credit would depend on whether VM advised you had to be in for those visits (normally you would not be expected to be in for external work).

Thankyou very much for this information, I will certainly be back in touch with them now. It's quite funny how they try to charge me for missed appointments all of which somebody as always been in but when the boot is on the other foot they bury it. Wouldn't actually be that bothered normally but they have literally just taken up so much of my time with phone calls after phone calls.