Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

NG19 7SD - Area 30 - Daily Broadband Issues

The following are screenshots of my Broadband Quality Monitor from today (so far) back to 1st June. The dropouts in service are in red. I would suggest that it's certainly not my equipment at fault, as my immediate neighbour who is also with VM has exactly the same problem at exactly the same times.

I post here as I am unable to connect with VM via telephone. I can appreciate that they may be having staffing problems at present. Any indications as to why these dropouts are occurring, and have been for a few months now, would be appreciated.

4th June4th June3rd June3rd June2nd June2nd June1st June1st June

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: NG19 7SD - Area 30 - Daily Broadband Issues

Hi Dave,

please accept our apologies for any disruption to your services. We are currently aware of the problems and working hard to resolve them. As you will be aware the issue is intermittent and our engineers are responding as quickly as possible but the problem often disappears before we can catch it.

We have an open ticket for the area around Chesterfield Road North and up to Pleasley for the issue I describe. Please be assure we are working hard to resolve 

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jon.

Thank you for replying. I appreciate that engineers can't work miracles, but in all fairness I'm paying at present quite a hefty lump for an intermittent service, and this can't continue. Add to that, I'm furloughed at present and looking at redundancy, so despite never really having had problems with VM over the years apart from the current issues, my finances dictate that it's time for us to part company. I will be doing this as soon as I can contact VM by telephone, unless you can expedite matters from here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The latest dropouts for today, 4th June 2020.

Screenshot_2020-06-04 Broadband Quality Monitor.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello davelacy

Thanks for bringing this matter to our attention 

We currently have an SNR issue in yiour ares that will be fixed by 16:00 05/06/2020

The reference number for this is F008097419  

If its still an issue after 16:00, pop back on here and we can chase it up again 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well, all seemed ok until this morning, when.......................

Screenshot_2020-06-08.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi davelacey,

Sorry this had occurred, I've run a remote diagnostic and could not find any issues within the area or with the connections. At the time of the drop outs does the hub show as disconnected from the network? 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos