Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

NEED URGENT HELP PLEASE

Working from home as an NHS GP in London and moving house this weekend.

Set up a Virgin Media account in September for installation date  in the new property in mid October 2020, well ahead of move day. House is in West London, residential road and our neighbours are connected to Virgin so we thought we would too. 

x 2 visits from local engineers so far ->

- First visit they broke the cement slabs outside my house and left them in a really dangerous position; have since fallen over them twice.No explanation or apology offered on the day. 

- Second visit -> engineer was there for less than five minutes and left. No advice, guidance or explanation of what was happening or what the delay is due to. 

- In between I'm calling Customer support; at least six times; each time on hold for over 30 minutes and no resolution; each time hoping that someone can provide an update or advice as to what needs to happen and each time directed from different call centres between India, the UK and possibly the Philippines with no resolution, understanding or compassion for the situation. 

In a really desperate situation; need the internet asap to consult with patients particularly during such difficult times!

Please can someone from Virgin reach out and help as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEED URGENT HELP PLEASE

If Internet is urgent for you your best bet is a data plan on a mobile tariff. You can get them activated on the same day. 

You don't say if the engineers have done any work as of yet? Eg. installed any cables, so I assume not? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I second that. You will need a backup plan anyway in case the broadband fails at any time, as it does. A mobile data plan will keep you going now and in the future.

Bear in mind that Virgin Media is a domestic entertainment service and not designed for business use.  You might be better off with a Virgin Business connection that has better terms of service.

In a really essential case like yours it could well pay to have a secondary line with BT or another Openreach supplier.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kav2,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear that you haven't heard anything in regards to your install which you are relying on for work as a GP, I haven't been able to locate an account for you with the details we have for you.

So I can help further I will invite you into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos