cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My installation order disappeared?

nirurin
Tuning in

So I recently had a post up on here, because my install date was slated to be monday, and the preinstall team still hadn't actually turned up to do the cable. Everyone basically said that's normal, and they'll just have to keep pushing back the install until the preinstall team turned up. Even the virgin customer support people said to "temper expectations" and that it probably wouldn't be happening. 

However, saturday morning, and they turned up! Good times! 

However, just because I don't trust virgin at this point, I went online to check out my order status just to see if the preinstall order had been removed....

Well, it has.... but SO HAS THE ACTUAL ENGINEER VISIT?!?

So now I have a cable going to the house, but no engineer visit booked? What the hell?! 

Tried calling Virgin, but despite it not being 8pm yet their customer service line (after asking me all the questions) ends up dumping me out with a "oh sorry actually we are closed" message. 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Call in the morning at 08.01

try the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nirurin, 

Thank you for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear you have not had your installation at the time of posting, I can see from our systems your services are up and running. 

Please let us know if all is okay 🙂 

Zoie

I ended up getting a whatsapp message response late that evening (which surprised me, I assumed the text chat team also closed at 8pm), and they confirmed the appointment. Everything got installed without any issues. The preinstall team didn't put the cable in a particularly tidy fashion, but if I can't fix it myself I'll just get virgin to come back and redo it. I do, at least, have internet. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @nirurin,

Welcome back, thanks for the update on this.

Can you please tell me if there is anything else you need? I am sorry for everything with this.

I am glad you now have internet.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide