Menu
BigGMusicUK
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My home has wrongfully been deemed unserviceable by Virgin Media by their 3rd Party Pre-Pull Contractors

Hi all,

I'll try to keep this as short as possible but I've resorted to posting on this forum as I've experienced - like many others seem to have - a woeful level of customer service from Virgin Media, and I'm a brand new customer.

Aside from being on the phone for over 10 hours only to be cut off, passed from department to department or plain hung up on, my house has now been deemed unserviceable by Virgin Media due to negligence and miscommunication from their 3rd party contractors.  It's been an exhausting experience and this is a last resort.

I purchased one of Virgin Media's phone and broadband packages at the end of last year and was awaiting an install date at the beginning of January, following a pre-installation meeting with the local area engineer to discuss placement of the external connection box. I asked the simple question if the box could be placed on the side of my house rather than directly in the middle of the front of my house - a question that had to be referred to the 3rd Party 'Pre-Pull' connection team that were coming the following week.  A week rolls by and I meet with the contractors at the property to discuss placement. Again I asked the question about location of the box and they said they had to refer the problem to the Local Area Service Manager.  I then meet another man unexpectedly outside my home 2 days later who claims this wasn't an impossible task and would explore the options with his manager.

Another week rolls by and I log-in online to see the status of my order, and to my surprise my contract with VM has been cancelled unbeknownst to me. I try to phone to find out why, but am passed around what seems to be the entire company, across several days, before finding out that my house has now been deemed 'unserviceable' by Virgin! I'd like to stress that I only ever asked if the placement of the box was possible for the sake of aesthetics, but this was by no means a deal-breaker, I would have still been happy if the answer was a polite 'no'.

I feel a bit shell shocked by the whole experience, not to mention the collossal waste of my time this has been.  When I call up to re-order a product now, my address does not show up on VM's serviceable list, despite there still being a VM fibre cable right outside my front door.

I'm been left feeling like I did something wrong as a customer but I'm tempted to believe that VM here are acting with arrogance as the sole provider of fast fibre connection in the area.

Would love some advice,

Thanks,

Graham

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: My home has wrongfully been deemed unserviceable by Virgin Media by their 3rd Party Pre-Pull Contract

Hi,

i am happy to take a look at this for you, there may be more to this than appears.

I will send you a private message for some details. 

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
BigGMusicUK
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: My home has wrongfully been deemed unserviceable by Virgin Media by their 3rd Party Pre-Pull Contract

Hi Jon,

OK what is the next step?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Vorlina
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Watching this, as I am in very much the same position. I’m a little suspicious that Virgin just don’t want to stand behind the prices they were offering on BlackFriday and are looking for any excuse to back out!

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Vorlina ,

I am happy to look into your case too. Please can you private message me your details and I will see if there is anything I can do for you.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Update:

Both addresses listed have now been released and we are working to get these installed quickly.
Apologies for the delays in connecting you

Jon

0 Kudos
BigGMusicUK
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So... 2 months on from my initial order from Virgin media and I still have no fibre broadband installed, Virgin Media have damaged my property and once again deemed my property unserviceable.

After Jon got in contact with me he sought to find out what the initial problem had been and worked to find a resolution.  This seemed promising and within a week of writing my initial post I was set up on an equivalent deal and the 'team' were working to a new installation date for fibre broadband.  It had apparently been a clerical error that my property had been deemed unserviceable.  All good, or so it seemed.

Pre-installation week arrives and I was phoned out of the blue by a service engineer whom was at my property (I was out at the time) who proceeded to tell me that there was a problem with the VM box that had been installed at my address. I was unaware of a box and I later found out that the third party pre-pull team had surreptitiously snuck a box onto my property whilst I has been out and in the process broken my fence and caused damage to external render!  I couldn't believe it... the box was also in completely the wrong place and so now couldn't even be linked with and internal system either rendering it useless anyway! I felt like my house had been attacked.

Nevertheless, I expected the works to continue and in the spirit of trying to make things work I awaited the final installation date and received all manner of apologetic emails from VM citing ombudsman awareness, FAQ links and offering a credit of £5 for each day the installation has been delayed to be added to my bill.  Great, except this week I received a call to say that my property has been deemed unserviceable again and my contract, once again, cancelled without explanation.

I've notified Jon again of my plight and he tells me he has contacted my regional service manager, though this has not proven fruitful on occasions he has reported this before.

I am at a complete loss and extremely frustrated with VM. They have strung me along, wasted my time and effort and left me with a damaged property and a VM box installed in a fire escape / external thoroughfare.  how is this allowed? I'm gobsmacked and interested to see if anyone else has had this experience before even becoming a customer of theirs?

Awful, awful customer service but I have no other option for fast fibre in my area.

Please help.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: My home has wrongfully been deemed unserviceable by Virgin Media by their 3rd Party Pre-Pull ...

Hi BigGMusicUK,

I'm sorry to hear of the situation, 

I've popped Jon over an email for an update, I'll need a few more details from you so I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
BigGMusicUK
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: My home has wrongfully been deemed unserviceable by Virgin Media by their 3rd Party Pre-Pull ...

Update. 

Virgin have once again deemed my property unserviceable and struck me from the installation list. It seems I will never be able to have it at my property because of a blockage in the cable.

A massive waste of time and no compensation offered for the damage to my fence. They appeared to have washed their hands of me.

Very very disappointing experience from Virgin here.

good luck all and thanks for reading.

0 Kudos