cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My flat is not on the Virgin broadband address list but other flats in the building are

09loopy0
On our wavelength

This has been a pain, I have tried for 5 months to get this fixed. I pressed the "My address does not show", filled in the details and have done so every month for 5 months, no one assists or actually checks. Someone did call the first time I did it and said they would check that day, they never got back to me and ignored me when I tried to call back.

The list is unreliable too, it has a flat 4 which can get 1Gbps but this building's top flat is flat 2 (I am flat 1).

I posted here and someone nicely tried to help and said it would be updated by now but nope, it's like Virgin do not even want new customers. It is a horrid and stressful experience.

Now I am being spammed with sales calls by Virgin who then give up after they realise my address is not on the list.

Can someone actually help and I don't just mean say they will help but really help me?

17 REPLIES 17

Thanks for getting back to me via PM @alahifurkan

Glad to hear it's been sorted 😄

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and you know where we are if you need any further assistance with anything.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've also been having the same problem - all the other flats in my building show in the list online, except the one that I'm moving to. I chatted to someone on the phone about it, who said it wasn't available at my address, but they couldn't give me a reason why - perhaps it just needs adding to the database too?

Hi @tj123,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post. 

We are glad to see you are interested in our service. Sorry to hear your property was named unserviceable by the team. To verify this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

No problem at all @tj123.

Happy to have been able to assist. The relevant team will aim to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I’ve had a very similar issue however even once my address was added to the list I am still unable to get vm, where as the rest of the flat have been able to, been trying to have this sorted since august 2022 almost a year ago now

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chloe_2, 

Thank you for posting to the thread. 

We are very sorry for the issues you are facing with getting the service to your home, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

On checking, I can see you have a separate post on the forum and we are assisting your further from there. 

Please do get back to us from there and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Redduck412
Joining in

I know this forum is quite used and old but I just wanted you to quickly sort out my situation. So basically there's houses closely opposite to mine which have virgin media compatibility however I am urgently needing the internet as my household rubs many electronics daily. I have tried for months contacting VM and registering my interest but nothing ever came back, even when they say they will phone you back in a few weeks. I was wondering if you could help me in this situation and get my address on the database so I can get the high-speed broadband I crave. Also please help me and not leave me stranded. Thank you Forum Team.

Hi @Redduck412 

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

There could be a number of reasons why one property could receive service and not another. It’s very difficult to say without understanding it a little more so I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Once we have a better understanding we may be able to escalate this to one of our team to resolve for you because we would love to have you as a customer.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more