cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My flat is not on the Virgin broadband address list but other flats in the building are

09loopy0
On our wavelength

This has been a pain, I have tried for 5 months to get this fixed. I pressed the "My address does not show", filled in the details and have done so every month for 5 months, no one assists or actually checks. Someone did call the first time I did it and said they would check that day, they never got back to me and ignored me when I tried to call back.

The list is unreliable too, it has a flat 4 which can get 1Gbps but this building's top flat is flat 2 (I am flat 1).

I posted here and someone nicely tried to help and said it would be updated by now but nope, it's like Virgin do not even want new customers. It is a horrid and stressful experience.

Now I am being spammed with sales calls by Virgin who then give up after they realise my address is not on the list.

Can someone actually help and I don't just mean say they will help but really help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again,

Thanks for reaching out to us. The request has been sent off by us to get the address added to our database. As the request was sent just before the weekend it won’t be actioned until yesterday or today. 

Rest assured we are working on this and it should be visible either today or tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks for your patience,

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again,

Thanks for reaching out to us. The request has been sent off by us to get the address added to our database. As the request was sent just before the weekend it won’t be actioned until yesterday or today. 

Rest assured we are working on this and it should be visible either today or tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks for your patience,

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Kwickham7
Joining in

I'm having exactly the same issue and no-one seems to want to know. New customer so it hardly inspires confidence in the service. I've been cut off on webchat 6 times now- usually as soon as the address can't be found. No response to call requests either. Can someone help?

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kwickham7 

Are you wishing to move your services to this new address or are you wanting to order new services?

Thanks

Christy

Hi,

My flat was never added, I have no hope that they will and I'm not sure what to do next. Can I put the non-existent flat 4 as my flat and when an engineer arrives just explain it?

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Unfortunately not, as if the address is wrong when the engineer gets there he won't be able to install.

We are working on this as quick as possible for you. We will let you know once it has been done.

Thanks,

Christy

I have been trying since October 2021 to get my flat added and so far it just has not happened, it is really difficult to continue to have hope that it will be done tomorrow, or the next day or even next month when historically, they have had 5 months to do so.

Other than yourself, it feels like Virgin have little customer support.

Is there any way to ask them to rush this?

Hi there,

Please accept my apologies for the delay in adding your property, we are currently working on this. I have checked our records and i can see that @Christy_D requested an amendment to our database and this is currently working its way through our system. We have an obligation to our regulators and other services such as the national 999 (emergency) database to ensure that our account addresses are accurate so a number of checks need to be done first. I can assure you that now this has been raised by @Christy_D this will be done in the coming days.

Once we have this released we will do all we can to expedite your install.

Thank you for your patience.

Jon 

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi there,

I am having the same issue where the whole street even my next door flat in the same building  is in the list for vm connection  and mine is not. I will be moving to new place on 15th, is it possible to get it registered by then?

Thanks

Furkan Alahi

Hi @alahifurkan,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I'd love to take a closer look into this so will pop you a PM now to confirm some details.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope icon in the top right hand corner of your page for my message.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs