cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My daughter is getting a hub upgrade on her account could we use her old hub3 as ours is warm with red l

anncrafty
Joining in

Our hub3 is showing solid red light and getting warm, my daughter has just been informed she is getting hub upgrade, if she doesn't have to return it could we use it to replace our hub3. Also any idea why we keep having to reset out tv box it is fine when on standby at night but then has to be reset when turned on again getting a bit tedious now as it takes so long to start up again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@anncrafty wrote:

Our hub3 is showing solid red light and getting warm, my daughter has just been informed she is getting hub upgrade, if she doesn't have to return it could we use it to replace our hub3. Also any idea why we keep having to reset out tv box it is fine when on standby at night but then has to be reset when turned on again getting a bit tedious now as it takes so long to start up again.

Firstly, as per the other posts, VM hubs are linked to your account at the address they are registered. Using them elsewhere breaks VMs T&Cs, & if the hub is connected to a different optical node on the network VM can detect the hub has moved & will disable it. Also if you have TV services from Virgin (V6 or V360), these may stop working as well.

You are not gaining anything by doing this anyway, as your equipment is rented & VM will provide you with either a new or refurb unit that is in a better condition than your daughters. Mention the TV box issue when you book a tech, as they may replace that as well on the same visit.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

It may work if you are in the same area/street, however I highly doubt it.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Will. not work, hubs are locked to individual accounts.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@anncrafty wrote:

Firstly, as per the other posts, VM hubs are linked to your account at the address they are registered. Using them elsewhere breaks VMs T&Cs, & if the hub is connected to a different optical node on the network VM can detect the hub has moved & will disable it. Also if you have TV services from Virgin (V6 or V360), these may stop working as well.

You are not gaining anything by doing this anyway, as your equipment is rented & VM will provide you with either a new or refurb unit that is in a better condition than your daughters. Mention the TV box issue when you book a tech, as they may replace that as well on the same visit.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks