Menu
Pmk1970
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My cable installer does not arrive

I have has several appointments for cable install from the public pavement to my house. The appointments change just fine midnight when no one turns up.

we get no call saying no one will arrive today and this is my 4th day waiting at home for someone.

I have tried to speak to someone and the best I got was call us back tomorrow if no one arrives.

We also have issues with one of our mobiles (4 off) moved from BT to Virgin with one operator saying it was a problem with a mast that was incorrect as 3 work fine and I checked for issues on line and no issues are reported.

How to I speak to someone who has knowledge to help me?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My cable installer does not arrive

when is your install date - the cable install date can happen anytime before that and is a moving date upto and including the install date

you dont need to be there for the cable pull although if there is work in your garden its always best if you are - but if they are only going to pull the cable from the cabinet to the pavement point then there is certainly no reason for you to be there

Tony
0 Kudos
Pmk1970
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony

I was given a date to pull the cable from the pavement to my house from

08:00 to 18:00 on 28 Jan, no one arrived. The date changed to 29 Jan then 30 Jan and now 31 Jan. still no one has arrived.

it says an adult has to be there for this works and especially as I don’t want my drive dug up.

even the perinatal team contacted me regarding the cable install and gave me the initial date.

To clarify, the cable is already at my property boundary and just needs running to my house only from the pavement outside my house.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Pmk1970 wrote:

Hi Tony

I was given a date to pull the cable from the pavement to my house from

08:00 to 18:00 on 28 Jan, no one arrived. The date changed to 29 Jan then 30 Jan and now 31 Jan. still no one has arrived.

it says an adult has to be there for this works and especially as I don’t want my drive dug up.

even the perinatal team contacted me regarding the cable install and gave me the initial date.

To clarify, the cable is already at my property boundary and just needs running to my house only from the pavement outside my house.

ahhhh ok - so back to my original question - when is your install date - the external work date can roll over every 24 hours until that date - its how it works - dont try to explain it or over think it

i was not aware they wanted you to be there but its certainly wise to be as they will take the easy way and from some stories on here not make a good job of things - thats unkind maybe as some do an excellent job

but it will happen when it happens 

Tony
0 Kudos
Pmk1970
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony

the actual cable install is 8 Feb.

I will have to take some time off work to ensure someone is at home between now and 8 Feb.

thanks for your help.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Pmk1970
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony

as you say, they come anytime, but I waited in for them as I could not afford my drive to be ruined.

the guys came 2 days ago and did a great job.

thanks for your help

it may be beneficial for Virgin to advise this when providing a date for the cable install.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos