cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My broadband package never arrived

erinreed
Joining in

On the 2nd of September Yodel were supposed to deliver my student broadband package but they were unable to locate my property. After that attempted I put a sign on our front gate to make it easier for the driver and put our bin with our house number on it facing the road so it was very clear where we were. They then attempted to deliver it on the 3rd, 4th and the 6th with all failed attempts claiming they were unable to locate our property, even though I don't think they really tried very hard. This has been going on for over a week and and I am getting more and more frustrated as time goes on and new problems arise.

I've talked to yodel many times over this week and they have been extremely difficult to work with as they gave me empty promises that it would arrive the next day. They even asked for advice on finding our property which gave me hope that it would be successful but then they returned our parcel back to sender. So now it's back with virgin media. I had previously made a complaint with virgin saying Yodel couldn't deliver our parcel and they told me to talk to Yodel.

Now I have to talk to Virgin again and the only way to get their attention is to make a complaint. So I put another complaint in yesterday explaining the issue and asking virgin to please get our broadband to us as soon as possible as we have just moved into a new property and cannot set up other bills and check our university emails and time tables without it. Their reply was that they will credit us £5 each day for our inconvenience until we get the broadband set up. But that's not going to help us if we still don't have our broadband package! 

This morning I went to check on the status of my complaint but I can no longer look at it or make new complaints as they are closing my account in 90 days! I cannot believe the hassle and stress I have been through over the past week, it shouldn't be this hard to just deliver a broadband package. 

I'm extremely frustrated and fed up with this whole situation all I want is to be actually listened to by virgin and they make it very hard with little ways to contact them. I do not want my account to be closed I just want my broadband package, I have had enough of being pushed between Yodel and Virgin just because they don't want to deal with my problem, that they created.

I think for all the inconvenience and stress they've put me and my housemates through, Virgin should deliver my broadband package personally.

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi erinreed,

A possible solution would be to ask for a manned install.

At the same time ask VM to waive the installation charge as it's through no fault of your own that the delivery never happens.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @erinreed,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with receiving your parcel! That is not an ideal customer experience at all, and I apologise that you had to go through that.

I was able to locate your account through the Forum details, and I can see that you have been in touch with the team to discuss this issue further.

Can you tell us if this issue is resolved, or if there's anything else we can help with at the moment?

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Paulina,

yes I have been in contact with multiple people at virgin and I didn't get my issue solved as I wanted, I ended up having to go with a more expensive plan as somehow my previous one was cancelled. The broadband package is supposedly arriving tomorrow through Yodel again, so I have little faith that it will actually arrive. 

You can definitely expect me to be in contact again if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, I will be disappointed and frustrated in both virgin and yodel further if this ends up happening again.

Thanks,

Erin

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

if you have to contact CS again - dont let them tell you you need a new more expensive package again.

Why did they tell you that ? What package did you sign up for and why was it "no longer available"? Is it showing as a standard one on their website?  Or is it some odd student deal ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

LittleMick73
Superstar

Hi I would definitely ask for a manned install that way the equipment and an engineer with hopefully more sense than a yodel driver will arrive together. Regards Micky

Hi @erinreed thanks for getting back to us.  

I have viewed your account from here.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @erinreed

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R