Menu
stan112
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin connection is a naked wire to the street

Hi,

I have been with Virgin for coming up to 2 years.

I have yet to have an engineer come to connect my naked wire to the box in the street. 

At the present moment the wire, uncovered with NO casing (for example the green pvc pipe), runs across our front drive/ flower bed and into the street. 

I was told after installation 'there would be somebody to come and connect me to the box' - whatever that is meant to mean. I assume this is what it meant. All other virgin installations in my street have their wire buried underneath their lawn for example and in a PVC pipe before it reaches the street.

Mine does not.

Where is the best place to go to get this situation sorted?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin connection is a naked wire to the street

Post up photos on here so that the VM person who gets here in a day or two can assess the installation and arrange for it to be rectified if necessary.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin connection is a naked wire to the street

Hi stan112,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been properly connected to your local cabinet yet, I'd like to help with this. I've popped you over a PM so I can take some details from you and look into this.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos