Menu
ianwong8
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My Virgin Media brown box been shared by my neighbour

Hello,

I recently noticed that the broadband box - virgin media brown box located on my property has been shared by my next door neighbour and since then my broadband speed has slowed down.

It was not brought to my attention at all that any engineer would come onto my property to carry out any connections or any works without prior notice or any formal permission at all.

I was not given any notice of this from my neighbour either that they would use the same box located on my property to connect their internet to also to gain access to virgin broadband.

I am not happy to have a shared connection cable trailing from my property to my neighbours using the same box located on my property.

Please can somebody look into this urgently and explain why an engineer came onto my property without any prior permission to carry out such works.

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
goslow
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Virgin Media brown box been shared by my neighbour

This recent topic might offer you some possible explanations/reassurance

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Is-my-neighbour-stealing-my-broadband/m-p/4596...

Regarding VM access to you property, refer to the T&Cs below

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#home

A courtesy gesture would have been to inform you what was happening but may not have happened due to social distancing presumably

In theory, the shared connection is meant to be a temporary arrangement but does sometimes seem to be 'temporary' for a long time based on some posts on the forums.

If you have an issue with speed, then try a post in the 'Speed' forum where you can get some advice on checking signal levels to the hub etc. to make sure they are in spec.

The VM forum team don't happen by this forum that often so you may not get an official response here.

0 Kudos
goslow
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
ianwong8
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok would it be possible to check if Virgin Media Engineer coming back to disconnect the cable on my brown box and run a new cable/brown box for the neighbour please ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

vm staff won't monitor this forum. you should most in one of the support boards

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@ianwong8 wrote:

Ok would it be possible to check if Virgin Media Engineer coming back to disconnect the cable on my brown box and run a new cable/brown box for the neighbour please ?

Thanks

You'd need a VM forum team member to respond on that (identified by 'Forum Team' and the 'infinity' logo next to their name).

I am just a VM customer, like yourself. Most others posting on here are also VM customers.

Leave this thread behind in 'Community Natter' and wait for one of the VM forum team to reply on your other post in the 'Managing Your Account' forum where the forum team do answer regularly. They normally reply within a week or so.