cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Ongoing Struggle to Get Virgin Media Services

RikkiJo
Joining in

I was a loyal customer for 5 years before i moved house and have eagerly anticipated the benefits of Virgin's FTTP lines installed outside my house well over a year ago. Regrettably, despite numerous attempts to resolve this issue, I find myself in the same predicament.

I have made approximately six calls to your customer service representatives, each time patiently explaining my situation and being assured that either a callback or a connection audit would be initiated. The latest interaction took place on September 9, 2023, in which your representative thanked me for my patience and acknowledged the long wait I have endured. I was told that a connection audit agent would be dispatched to assess the situation and call me back, with the hope that the issue would finally be resolved.

However, despite these assurances, no one from Virgin Media has ever shown up, and my home remains unconnected to your services. This has left me feeling frustrated, disillusioned, and questioning my decision to choose Virgin Media under the government's gigabit scheme. It is disheartening to see that the infrastructure seems to be readily available, as I can detect Virgin Wi-Fi signals from a nearby property, yet my local cabinet remains untouched.

1. Dispatch an Audit Agent: I urge you to send a connection audit agent to my location as previously promised, ensuring that they actually visit and assess the situation.

2. Provide a Timeline: Please furnish me with a clear and realistic timeline for when I can expect to have Virgin Media services installed at my residence.

3. Transparency: I would appreciate regular updates and open communication regarding the progress of my service installation.

4. Explanation: Please provide an explanation as to why Virgin Wi-Fi signals are detectable from nearby properties, yet my location remains unconnected.

17 REPLIES 17

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey RikkiJo,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear that we haven't been able to provide services to your area yet, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details RikkiJo, I have passed your information onto our expansion teams and I will come back to you as soon as I have any further updates.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

RikkiJo
Joining in

This was submitted three weeks ago! How can you justify keeping potential customers waiting like this? This directly relates to my initial post, underscoring the fact that Virgin Media seems incapable of providing a straightforward response. This demonstrates a high level of ineffectiveness within your business, or perhaps an attempt to conceal the real reason for not connecting my property.

I'll venture to guess that you're reluctant to invest in the necessary infrastructure for the empty cabinet installed in my area because there hasn't been enough customer interest to make it economically viable.

You put the entire village through a significant amount of inconvenience during the installation of the lines, yet it appears you're selectively choosing who you supply. How about you expedite your efforts and partner with more reliable service providers who will lease the line from you and prioritise customer connectivity?

Hey RikkiJo,

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to provide more information, I have looked into this and neither of the teams that I have contacted have been back in touch. I will send another email to the team and their managers to get a response from them to confirm one way or the other, if we can provide services to you or not.

I will also pass on your feedback about the way this has been processed.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven_L,

You contacted me via private message to address the issues. However, after a two-week follow-up, you informed that they would chase on your end. Now, almost three months later, I find myself in a state of uncertainty with no response from Virgin. They haven't even been able to address my inquiries, let alone send someone to inspect the Virgin access port located outside the front of my house!

Where do I stand here, Shall I just give up?

I'm in a very similar position. Signed up as a new customer and from day one the Hub 5x I received hasn't been able to connect. VM think the issue is due to local roadworks, but can't/won't confirm. No matter how many times I've called and explained no one can give a straight answer and you never get calls back. There's just no way of finding out what's going on.

Like you say, do you just give up?

Hi @RikkiJo 

Really sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you. 

I have reached back out to Stephen_L to get back in touch with you with any further updates. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hey RikkiJo,

Our team have advised that your postcode is showing as fully serviceable. Please could you call into our sales team on 08001831234 and they will be able to look into getting you signed up on the best deal possible.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

RikkiJo
Joining in