cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Install Tale of Woe Since October.... So Far

exasperatedmatt
Dialled in

I guess i am posting this more to make me feel better, as I am well aware that I just have to wait things out as Virgin Media don't have any idea at all what their contractors actually are doing.

Anyway this is my current situation:

Ordered12/09/22 
First Install Date20/10/22Waited In and cancelled
Second Install Date21/11/22Waited In and cancelled
Third Install Date13/12/22Waited In and cancelled
Fourth Install Date11/01/23Cancelled 2 days before
Fifth Install Date02/02/23New Scheduled Date

I was told on ordering that as my road was already fibre enabled, then installation would be quick as they only needed to pull a cable. That was a lie, as the road needed to be dug up, and a CATV access point installed in the pavement outside my property.

In reality that was done quite quickly, and there has been a CATV access point, with a blue rope inside it outside my house since early November.

It now seems though that a cable pull is the issue, I have no idea what the issue is, and if somebody from virgin media can enlighten me as to the real issue that would be great.

I have been told multiple stories, cars in the way (nobody knocked and asked for them to be moved), roadworks, contractor holidays, shortage of cable, underground blockages, pandemic, rat infestation, too cold, too hot, too wet, too dry, leaves on the line etc etc. Honestly I don't really care, just  get it done, how hard can it be.......

90 REPLIES 90

exasperatedmatt
Dialled in

So the SAGA continues, compensation of approx half what I think i am owed (see above) has been applied as a credit to my account.

3  (1 hour plus) phone calls so far to understand how it has been worked out have come to nothing, I have requested the correct amount and explained how I have worked it out, and requested payment not applied to my virgin media account. New complaints are raised, I am promised a call back, they are then  closed and auto emails sent with offers of £50 compensation, which never appears on the account anyway.....

I have suggested that if they don't want to pay, then send me a deadlock letter, and if we go to the ombudsman I will be adding significant extra costs for my time and effort in chasing this, it all seems to fall on deaf ears.

Anyway latest promise is that I will get a deadlock letter by July 13, we shall see,,,,,

Anyway 

Thanks for coming back to us exasperatedmatt, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you and try to get to the bottom of this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Stick with it, @exasperatedmatt.  They will have to pay eventually. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Your message system wont allow me to reply for some reason, but to be honest taking me through security for the 3rd time so that you can tell me that there is nothing you can do seems a waste of both of our times.

Thanks for coming back to me exasperatedmatt, I'm trying to help and can pass your issues to the auto compensation team to be looked into further. 

Would you like me to arrange this for you? If so, I will send over another private message to try some other details. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

exasperatedmatt
Dialled in

Hi Steven_L

Is there any update yet, as it has been nearly another week?

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to me exasperatedmatt, this hasn't yet been looked into by the auto compensation team, I will chase them today to try and get an update for you.

Thanks,

Steven_L

exasperatedmatt
Dialled in

Still no deadlock letter even though it has been promised, or any update from the admin or compensation team.

What should my next move be?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Write to the Ombudsman. Say that Virginmedia are ignoring yout requests for a deadlock letter.

VM are presumably hoping that if they make this too difficult, you will give up and go away.  You won't, but this additional inconvenience and stress must be reflected in the amount of compensation. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

You can share your experience with OFCOM.

They launched an investigation into VM last week specifically into VM's cancellation and complaints processes.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

Case ref. no. and an email at the bottom of the above page or submit with same info via the contact form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

This won't help your individual case directly but OFCOM has begun an investigation into how VM is 'facilitating appropriate access to ADR' because of complaints about VM in this regard. Your problem of not being provided with a deadlock letter is particularly relevant to the terms of reference of the OFCOM investigation.