cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Install Tale of Woe Since October.... So Far

exasperatedmatt
Dialled in

I guess i am posting this more to make me feel better, as I am well aware that I just have to wait things out as Virgin Media don't have any idea at all what their contractors actually are doing.

Anyway this is my current situation:

Ordered12/09/22 
First Install Date20/10/22Waited In and cancelled
Second Install Date21/11/22Waited In and cancelled
Third Install Date13/12/22Waited In and cancelled
Fourth Install Date11/01/23Cancelled 2 days before
Fifth Install Date02/02/23New Scheduled Date

I was told on ordering that as my road was already fibre enabled, then installation would be quick as they only needed to pull a cable. That was a lie, as the road needed to be dug up, and a CATV access point installed in the pavement outside my property.

In reality that was done quite quickly, and there has been a CATV access point, with a blue rope inside it outside my house since early November.

It now seems though that a cable pull is the issue, I have no idea what the issue is, and if somebody from virgin media can enlighten me as to the real issue that would be great.

I have been told multiple stories, cars in the way (nobody knocked and asked for them to be moved), roadworks, contractor holidays, shortage of cable, underground blockages, pandemic, rat infestation, too cold, too hot, too wet, too dry, leaves on the line etc etc. Honestly I don't really care, just  get it done, how hard can it be.......

90 REPLIES 90

Hi @exasperatedmatt, thank you for your response.

We can't guarantee that we can bring the engineer appointment forward from 10th June, but we can certainly check whether it's going to be possible.

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Oh for goodness sake, I did this months ago

exasperatedmatt
Dialled in

So approx 12 emails later,  proving I am who I say I am for Data Protection purposes !!!!!!!!! even though I did this already at the start of this thread, our Virgin Admin team managed to tell me what I already knew, that they can't bring the appointment forward as there is no availability.

Quite honestly, I am not sure what your purpose is...........

Back to taking the £5 per day, you can't say that I did not try to help inform you of readiness, even though your systems don't seem to have any idea what happened when.

Hi @exasperatedmatt 

Thanks for your response

I'm so sorry to hear that the team have informed you that they're unable to bring the appointment forward. My apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

exasperatedmatt
Dialled in

Well as of Saturday I finally went live on Virgin, and am happy to say I am getting between 350 and 400 mbps, so i am very happy with that.....

So 233 days after first promised install date. Not the longest wait I am sure, but it must be up there.

Anyway now waiting to see what happens with the auto compensation, no mention seems to have been made yet, but I am assuming perhaps wrongly that it will happen with the first bill.

And then the shenanigans will begin. Here is what I am expecting, if we have to go to arbitration, I will add more reasonable costs.

Ordered12/09/22  
First Install Date20/10/22Waited In and cancelled 
Second Install Date21/11/22Waited In and cancelled 
Third Install Date13/12/22Waited In and cancelled 
Fourth Install Date11/01/23Cancelled 2 days before 
Fifth Install Date02/02/23Cancelled 2 days before 
Sixth Install Date27/02/23Cancelled 2 days before 
Seventh Install Date17/03/23Cancelled 3 days before 
Eighth Install Date01/04/23Cancelled 3 days before 
Ninth Install Date13/04/23Cancelled 2 days before 
Tenth Install Date13/05/23Cancelled 2 days before 
Eleventh Install Date10/06/23Finally Installed 

So by my calculations, we get the following

Up to 31/03/20235.25162850.5
From 01/04/20235.8371413.93

326.24 78.72

Total  1343.15

Hi there @exasperatedmatt 

Thank you for popping back to us and we are so glad to hear that your services are now installed. To clarify is everything working OK for you now? 

I'm so sorry that you have not yet had the credit, this may be applied to your next bill as the first bill was already generated, I'd be happy to check the account with you if you would like? Just let me know and I will pop you a Private Message so we can take a look.

@exasperatedmatt 

VM may try to spply any compensation as a credit to your future bills. You'll need to make it clear that you require it as a payment up front. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks, yes please check.

i don’t yet see the first bill generated though.

Will do thanks 

mpmc
Superfast

Wow, what a saga!

TV, Phone and Broadband (FTTP/RFoG) using the Hub 5 in modem mode, with a router running Openwrt.