cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Install Tale of Woe Since October.... So Far

exasperatedmatt
Dialled in

I guess i am posting this more to make me feel better, as I am well aware that I just have to wait things out as Virgin Media don't have any idea at all what their contractors actually are doing.

Anyway this is my current situation:

Ordered12/09/22 
First Install Date20/10/22Waited In and cancelled
Second Install Date21/11/22Waited In and cancelled
Third Install Date13/12/22Waited In and cancelled
Fourth Install Date11/01/23Cancelled 2 days before
Fifth Install Date02/02/23New Scheduled Date

I was told on ordering that as my road was already fibre enabled, then installation would be quick as they only needed to pull a cable. That was a lie, as the road needed to be dug up, and a CATV access point installed in the pavement outside my property.

In reality that was done quite quickly, and there has been a CATV access point, with a blue rope inside it outside my house since early November.

It now seems though that a cable pull is the issue, I have no idea what the issue is, and if somebody from virgin media can enlighten me as to the real issue that would be great.

I have been told multiple stories, cars in the way (nobody knocked and asked for them to be moved), roadworks, contractor holidays, shortage of cable, underground blockages, pandemic, rat infestation, too cold, too hot, too wet, too dry, leaves on the line etc etc. Honestly I don't really care, just  get it done, how hard can it be.......

90 REPLIES 90

Thanks Tony, i am amazed too that i have not had the area manager calling me personally.....

Does anybody know who the Area 20 Area Manager is?

Anyway I won't be cancelling...

Secretly i am now hoping to break the alleged 13 month record, and then I will be applying to the Guiness book of records on behalf of Virgin Media for the slowest ever fibre install 🙂

@exasperatedmatt wrote:

<snip>

Secretly i am now hoping to break the alleged 13 month record, and then I will be applying to the Guiness book of records on behalf of Virgin Media for the slowest ever fibre install 🙂

Careful what you wish for! VM might take it as a challenge to beat their 'personal best' (worst) installation time! 😟

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If only they were that organised! 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

To the forum team:

I am still waiting for the promised contact (2 weeks ago) from the Installation Team to explain what is happening...

The only contact I have had is a further 4 week delay.

Hello exasperatedmatt

Sorry this is still ongoing... It really is not good at all.

I can see you have a complaint raised from your last interaction with a colleague.

I have just checked this and requested for a one of our complaints agents to take a a look and get in touch with you for an update.

Can you please let me know how the call goes.

Gareth_L

Hello exasperatedmatt.

I did chase this up for you on Tuesday.

Have you heard anything back since?

If not please let me know.

Gareth_L

Gareth

I appreciate you chasing, but as expected nothing has come of it......

Can i ask if this has been escalated to the area manager? If not, please could it be, it really is totally ridiculous now.

Thanks

Still waiting........

When it does finally get to compo'o'clock, don't be surprised if you get the council delays excuse, both to (wrongly) justify VM's inactivity, and then to dodge the obligation to pay compensation at £5.25 per day for a delayed installation, plus £25 for any missed visit that you had to be in for.

@Andrew-G wrote:

When it does finally get to compo'o'clock, don't be surprised if you get the council delays excuse, both to (wrongly) justify VM's inactivity, and then to dodge the obligation to pay compensation at £5.25 per day for a delayed installation, plus £25 for any missed visit that you had to be in for.

By my calculations we are already at the £500ish mark, and still no interest in telling me what the issue is, or trying to actually resolve it.

Genuinely I am not unreasonable, and I know that issues can occur, and in some cases i may even be able to help, if I know what the problem is......

Unfortunately nobody at Virgin or their suppliers can tell me that, and I am past the point of calling to try and find out, as we know that gets you nowhere.