Menu
Tiyuri
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

My Flat is serviceable via coaxial cable but Virgin won't sell me a package

So I'm in a fairly unique situation.

I'm hoping to get the fastest fibre package virgin can offer me, but I'm currently entirely unable to make an order.

I'm in a block of flats with coaxial cable running to each flat. Several other flats in the block (and the duplicate block next door) have had a Virgin connection set up via the existing coaxial cable. I have no reason to believe my flat would be the exception and can see the cabling coming into the flat.

When I attempt to order a package, my address doesn't appear on the list of addresses exposed by the post code (though a flat in my block does appear!), if I enter the address manually, I'm taken to a form regarding an engineer checking the property for service. I've attempted to use this form and have spoken to support assistants 3 times over the course of a year. They've also promised me a call back and I've never received one. So I'm at a bit of a dead end!

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do next? I've spoken to some neighbours and they told me they "just ordered the package, even though it looked like they couldn't get broadband." and when the engineer arrived they just managed to use the coaxial. I don't know if it was previously possible to order a package even if your flat wasn't on the list? Or if they're mistaken?

Any advice would be great!

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Flat is serviceable via coaxial cable but Virgin won't sell me a package

Let me take a look for you, I will message you privately for the address and see what’s what.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Tiyuri
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: My Flat is serviceable via coaxial cable but Virgin won't sell me a package

Responded! Fingers crossed 🙂

0 Kudos