Menu
Martial071
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Multi room connections

Hello i am renovating my house and would like to install cabling such that i can put multiroom in when complete.  I was going to run coaxial cable from the main broadband entry point to each of the other two TVs where i would like to place a box.  I would like to do this now so the cables are fitted behind walls.  Is there a technical spec that i can use to ensure that this coaxial will be fit for purpose when it comes to Virgin installing the multi-room system?  

0 Kudos
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multi room connections

Virgin will only officaially allow cable supplied by them so your only chance is if you can blag some off a Virgin engineer
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

vm will not use any cable they do not install and may refuse to use any cable you install
0 Kudos
Martial071
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both.  This is madness by Virgin - that means I’d have to have them install it down the line with cables routed round the outside of the house and drilled back through the walls !  It’s a sure way to ensure I change to sky Q instead.  Surely they can provide the cabling now and then come back and do final fix later?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

nope. if they can't check the cable they can't guarantee the integrity of the network.
VM coax network is one large network. you can take out the network in the area if you do a bad job
0 Kudos