Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Moving to newbuild - virgin assistance please.

Hello,

Just exchanging contracts on a new build flat in a small development of 9 units. 

The property developer has said they have the suitable connections for Virgin but have been quite vague on detail. When I called Virgin support it was basically a we can't help.. just wait type of response. 

I would like to start the process before we move in a few weeks as I know this can take a while to setup.  At the moment you can't find us on the postcode check for starting an order. 

Can anyone at Virgin respond how best to get the ball rolling with this and check the developer has done what they need to do, otherwise I will be forced to go with a traditional Openreach supplier. 

Thank you. 

Ian. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving to newbuild - virgin assistance please.

Happy to take a look

Please PM me your full address 

Thanks

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Received once call from a staff member, promised a call back with someone else that never came and no more information.. not great in one week and still no further information. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi cyrusgod,

I'm sorry to hear you aren't any further ahead with this.

It's not something we're able to help with via our forums, if you can please contact our sales team on 0800 183 1234 so we can look into this further.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex. 

Campo did a decent job and got me a phone call from the right team but the call back I was meant to receive from the new build team never happened. So clearly there are people here willing to help and doing their job properly, just a shame they are let down by people further up... 

I called your sales team last month and basically was told to wait, if the address isn't in the system we can't help. Not going to wait on hold for that same response. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

From what you say I suspect the new build team are waiting in turn on the builder. Virgin won't do any digging to connect a new build so are relying on the builder to prepare ducts etc.  I think you should get the builder to confirm exactly what they have done to prepare for a Virgin installation, and pass that on to the new build team. 

Highlighted
Hero
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Go ito the apartment block and look for the lockbox on the ground floor that has the cable coming into it, and each flat should have a cable from the lockbox to a wall socket. If you don't find any of this and the flats are built it's too late to get VM involved.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello helpful people!

Well, the saga continues.  As it seems the developer did a deal with BT to only have their lines into the comms room in the flats.. not to worry; Virgin have wired the street and can run a cable up the side of the building directly, their first pre install team confirms.

However...

I have never experienced such poor customer service in my life.

About a month ago a pre-installation team came and told me the cable was on the wrong side of the flats (some users on this side already have Virgin connections live).. fair enough, so they needed to have another line taken from the roadside to our side of the building.. sounds reasonable.  The thing is; this was meant to be underway but I have had the engineers messaging me asking when the line will be installed at the roadside so they can complete the install?  Have I now taken on an unpaid volunteer job with Virgin?  No contact with the company at all regarding when my install will go ahead.

I just attempted to call in.. 25 minutes on hold; through to an overseas customer care team (nothing wrong with that, in theory..) who said I need to speak to pre installations and promptly cut me off; thanks guys!

Virgin.. you seem to have a good product but no one seems to care about the actual customers, is this a warning and I should just run a mile and stick with my standard fast fiber from openreach with a company who actually answers the phone and can deal with issues I have?

Is Virgin that good that I should actually let them treat a potential customer like this?  Can anyone help?  I can't spend my day on hold...

(Rant over... thanks for listening and appreciate the many excellent members giving advice on this forum - just hoping a staff member reads and sorts this out.)

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi after reading all of this thread, my gut feeling would be to use BT, and hope in the future virgin might be available in the block, it sounds if it happens at all it will take some time.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Micky,

We moved our existing broadband provider and were connected within about a week which was great and bridged the gap of this failure of service..

The house that was here previously had Virgin, the right side of this (small) block of flats has it.. that they cannot connect the left side or at least update me with a timescale is shocking really..

0 Kudos