Menu
paullang
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Moving to flat with no service in building with service

Hi,

I'm hoping someone from VM might be able to help me, have tried chat several times and it always fails.

I'm moving house soon and want to take my service with me. The postcode checker is showing no service for my new flat, but the postcode for the medical centre below, which is the same building (I'm directly above their front door), says they have service. I'm keen to know if it's going to be possible to get connected!

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving to flat with no service in building with service

@Christy_D may be able to give you more details.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
paullang
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone able to help with this? I'm really close to my moving date and no joy on the phone so I'll just have to cancel otherwise, which I don't really want to do. Thanks!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A VM person will pick this up but it can take a day or two. You may be in a "hard place". See my message 5 in the thread below.

Unless you are out of your contract period and can cancel with just 30 days notice and no early exit penalty fees. Otrherwise if you move to property with no possible service you will be expected to pay up the rest of the contract fees (up to a maximum).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Moving-house-complications/m-p/4720473#M406...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi paullang,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you haven't managed to speak to anyone in regards to your move.

I have managed to locate your account using the details we have for you and can see you have managed to speak to us after your last post.

If you still need any help/ support please do not hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards

Paul.