Menu
handyn
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Moving to New flat. VB not available ?

I'm planning to move to a new flat literally 10 minutes away from where I live now ( Wembley). But VM says they don't provide service to that flat. The block is new built both velocity01 & BT are on. I'm working from home & require reliable & fast service that's why I tried to move the service to our new flat but VM says they can't move. Please help.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving to New flat. VB not available ?

Hi there

Have you spoken to the movers team?

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
handyn
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yes . They say currently there is no Virgin fibre on that building.  I can send you my details if you could check, please. I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks if they could sort this out for me.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Servicing flats can be very tricky compared to houses as there is all sorts of different reasons we need to consider, such as way-leave from all freeholders or management company, health and safety regulations, and how to actually get cable into the flats.

You would need to see if the movers team can arrange a spotter for you to see if they can service this address.

Hope this helps.

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
handyn
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI,

Thanks. This whole block is managed by the brent council housing team & these are Keyworker housing. Brent council acquired the block from Quintain ( builder) hence I'm pretty sure there are no leaseholders on this block. Velocity 01 , BT , sky most other providers recognise this building. 

I actually not planning to leave my current property until 2022 but unfortunately, Landlord was told to upgrade the whole electric consumer board & wiring as per the current regulation. So we had to find a place on very short notice.  I have asked virgin if I could terminate the service but they are asking for £270 as an exit fee. I'm so stressed as I have to find extra money sorting new furniture, etc.  On top of that paying £270 will leave me in huge debt, to be honest.

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi handyn, 

Thanks for your post and I'm really sorry to hear that you are moving properties to somewhere we're not able to provide you with services. 

If you are currently in contract and moving somewhere we're not able to offer services then I'm afraid you would need to pay the early termination fees. You can view more on this here: Early Disconnection Fees explained

The team can send a spotter to double check things however based on what you've said in your posts, it's unlikely we will be able to install you. 

If you would like to arrange a spotter then let me know and I'll take some information from you to organise it. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
handyn
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. It would be really helpful if you could arrange a spotter, please.  Please let me know what details do you need so I can PM you,

Thanks

H

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not a problem handyn, I'm going to send you a Private Message to get the required information form you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Rob

0 Kudos