cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to 02

farhan17
Joining in

I don’t know if anyone else has had this problem. I had my sim as part of my household deal (TV, broadband etc). They moved to mobile to 02 saying there would be no extra charges, but I got a message saying I’d be charged £25 a month from 02 alongside my household deal. I’m going to cancel the sim and I’ve spoken to VM who said they’d reduce monthly bills but I haven’t had an email about these changes and can’t see any changes on the app yet?

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Hopefully a staff member will pick this up and offer to help, but I recall that when this came up before the victim had to contact O2 to get it cancelled. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

sayekm
Fibre optic

That's bit worrying as I also have a 5GM SIM part of the old Ooomph package.

I got a letter recently informing that my internet bill will be reduced by £6 and a new contract created with O2 for £6. I shall have to keep a close eye on mine.

----------------------------------------------------------
M125 Volt powered by TP-Link Archer AX55

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi farhan17 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there is some concern and confusion with your migration to O2. In this scenario, the £25 SIM would only apply to Ultimate Volt bundles (previously Ultimate Oomph, which included an Unlimited SIM), with the cost being credited each month on your Virgin Media account. So for example, if you have a £100 Ultimate Volt bundle each month, you would have a £25 credit on your Virgin Media service, as this would be paid separately to O2 - so your Virgin Media bill would be £75 per month, and your O2 bill would be £25.

If it is the case of you having the Ultimate Volt bundle, you would need to change your package overall to one of our Bigger/Big bundles, if you're looking to cancel the SIM Card.

To discuss your SIM, it would be best to contact O2 directly on 📞 0344 809 0202. If you have been migrated, you should see a credit on your Virgin Media bill, are you able to see this one your most recent one, or are you still waiting for a bill since migrating?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ