Menu
1TonK-ER1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving the Virgin Box and relocating it closer to the TV Hub and Tv Box in the Living room

I am a new customer and have managed to set everything up and connect my Tv through Wi Fi but I have only got a few channels and need to have Hi Fi set up with earthnet cable and need the Virgin box  moving.

I have tried to navigate and try to get someone from virgin to come out and do the job but unable to speak to anyone and keep getting asked to refer to the website.

Anyone with ideas want it sorted quickly and online chat didn't seem that helpful

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving the Virgin Box and relocating it closer to the TV Hub and Tv Box in the Living room

You would need to call in and request it to be done, the fee for it is £99 as it's a non fault issue. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving the Virgin Box and relocating it closer to the TV Hub and Tv Box in the Living room

dont agree totally with the above even though he says he works for VM - if you have set it up using quick start then call it in and say its faulty - which it is as its not working as you want it - dont go into detail just stay with its faulty 

they will or should book a tech to sort it - they also may push the £99 line - have non of it assuming you are within the 14 days cooling off period - they may want to charge you £35 which is the cost for a manned install - that i guess is fair enough or they may just book a tech

again if you are in the 14 day cooling off period you could mention that and say you might just cancel - could concentrate their thinking your way

Tony
0 Kudos
1TonK-ER1
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Tony

It only got delivered yesterday and I have tried to speak or get help but no direct number but will try tomorrow thanks again and I WONT BE PAYING ANYMORE MONEY

Pete

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

8 in the morning is said to be a good time to ring 

Tony
0 Kudos
1TonK-ER1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply what's the telephone number to book a tech please
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

just the usual number dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 you could try following the  prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - should take you to a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos