cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving into new property which is currently in notice period

DizzyD
Joining in

I am due to move into my new property in a few weeks time and have signed up for the new Volt ultimate bundle.

My engineer install date is down as the 11th March which was the latest I could select and a day or so after I move in, the current occupiers advise me that they have served their 30 days notice which expires on the 13th March which is a fair few days past when they actually vacate (seemingly forgot to cancel in time).

Will I have any issues getting my service installed on my current date with the overlap, most notably the broadband speed as I have signed up for 1gb as part of the package and they were on a basic broadband speed, new phone number (nothing is being transferred from my old address) etc.

I want to avoid any issues but more so not end up with any aspects of their current ‘live’ setup which may conflict with what I’ve ordered if it’s simply plugging everything in which I assume is all the engineer will be doing when he turns up on the day?

Thanks in advance 

Dizz

1 REPLY 1

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If there is an existing Virgin line into the property, there is normally no need for an engineer to attend.  They will send you a self install kit. Changes to the contract speed are automatic when you connect.

There will be an issue if the existing user's contract overlaps yours.  This will need to be resolved by customer services or by a VM staff member on here.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.