Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving internal connection points

Hi my virgin was installed before I moved in and the main connection point is in the back bedroom , I would to have it in the front bedroom so I don’t need to run a long cable through two rooms also in looking to get the new 1 gig service but can’t find a way to see the cost with my package as my upgrades and offers page never shows anything

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving internal connection points

A standard non-fault call out charge of £99 will apply to move the Hub - you cant do it yourself - as your signal strengths will need resetting.
1Gb service is only available in certain postcodes - their website has a checker

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for response , I know the 1 gig service is in my area already , also hoping a rep sorts of sees this as it’s hard to talk to anyone on call atm

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

I found the pricing details here https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/deals#faqs

As far as I know it's only available as a standalone package at the moment.

Gig1 Fibre Broadband: New customers only. Minimum term applies to your cable service, check basket for details. Gig1 Fibre Broadband (average download speed 1104Mbps). £62 a month for 24 months. Broadband only. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos