Menu
DazWorrall
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Moving incoming wall box

Hello 👋

We recently moved into our property which has existing Virgin cabling, so opted for a quick install when signing up for broadband. However now that I have the modem I realise that the live cable is actually nowhere near the area we would like to keep the Super Hub - is it possible to change my mind on the quick install, and pay for an engineer for a manned installation to move the incoming wall box?

Thanks

Darren

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving incoming wall box

I believe you can just book an engineer to move it (£99 no fault call out)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Or if you say it doesn't work then they'll come out and move it for free, or a manned installation fee charge (£35).

If you are told you need to pay the £99 charge then ask them to cancel the contract and sign up again as a non-Quickstart and they'll soon wave the fee.

If you want to move the hub after the engineer has been then it is £99 call out each time.

Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @DazWorrall,

Many thanks for your recent post and sorry to hear you haven't been able to set up the hub where you would like it.

I've been able to locate your account using your details that you've registered to forums with and can see that the account has been activated already. We therefore wouldn't be able to covert this to a manned installation and so the above advice given is correct, this would incur a £99 non-fault call-out to move.

Let us know how you would wish to proceed and we'd be happy to advise further.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
DazWorrall
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Molly_G

Thanks for the advice, can you help me arrange the call out or do I need to call in?

Darren

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey @DazWorrall,

No worries at all, I'll be able to do this for you so I'll pm you now and we can it arranged.

Just look out for the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos