Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving in nightmares.

Sbr92
Settling in

Hello there,

Any advice would be appreciated.

I got my tenancy at my house at the start of this month and I noticed it had Virgin Media which is usually great so I signed up and they gave me a date for self install which was Tuesday and so I moved in on Tuesday ready to just plug it in and start work that evening from home. 

Tuesday evening comes about and apparently the last person who lived there hadn't cancelled or something and so the sales person on the phone sold me another package and did a credit check etc and the self install was for today.

I get two yodel delivery notifications, one which was returned to sender and another that arrived today. I installed it and low and behold no internet connection.

I've just spent 3 hours on the phone being passed from person to person, one told me my contract had been cancelled, one said I had the wrong router and finally got to someone who just said "We need a £100 deposit to turn your services on today" which I can't pay right now as I'm a single father and I've just paid nearly £2000 to move me and my children here and now I'm nearly at a week of lost income and I told them I could pay it on Werdnesday but apparently that's not good enough.

Why wouldn't they ask me for a deposit after the first two credit checks were made or before sending me a contract? And why hasn't anyone contacted me since I first made my order 8 days ago?

Just frustrated and not sure where to go? Will I be entitled to automatic compensation under the installation part as they've given me no warning, I would have been able to pay the deposit a few days ago if I'd have been informed?

1 REPLY 1

Reece_MH
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sbr92 👋

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances and the problems you are facing in relation to your installation. If your account requires a deposit, we're unable to assist via our Community Forums and it would be best to discuss this further with our Sales or Pre-Install Team on 📞 0345 454 1111.

In relation to the mentioning of this deposit, this should have been discussed at the point of order, and I'll ensure this is fed back internally. Our Sales and Pre-Install teams are equipped to assist with similar circumstances such as yours and will be able to get this looked into for you and assist further. 

Regards,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ