cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house: pre-installation, assign Hub 5 MAC address to new property

patrickhamann
Joining in

I have just moved house and gone through quite the long process of moving my Virgin services from the old property to the new one.

Unfortunately, the "system" insisted that an engineer was sent to the property to rewire the TV cables and give us new TV boxes, even though there is already sufficient Virgin coax cabling at the property for both TV and Internet.

Therefore, I now have a new installation date a week away from now, and we won't have internet access until then. My wife and I work full-time from home, and no internet is less than ideal. We don't mind not having TV access.

One of the more component people I spoke to on the phone in the moving home / pre-installation teams suggested that it would be possible to re-assign my Hub 5 MAC address to the new property and push through an internet signal ahead of the engineer coming, which makes logical sense to me. However, I have since been able to speak to someone who knows how to do this.

Therefore, as a last-chance push, I'm moving this query to the community forum to see if one of the Virgin employees on here can help.

Any help to get my internet activated this week would be greatly appreciated. Happy to supply relevant details, including the account number and the router MAC address (though you should have this) if needed.

Thanks, Patrick

1 REPLY 1

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you installed the Hub yet?  If not do so and call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.  It's worth a try?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks