Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Moving house = new 12 month contract

Hi

I moved to new property and decided to take Virgin media broadband with me filled moving home form received call all looked fine. Couple month after move i decide to check my account and noticed that i was charged for moving house  £20 plus £14 fo Package changes and signed new 12 month contract.

Everything would be fine but the problem is that before move I had M50 Fibre Broadband package and after moving M50 Fibre Broadband package (didn't asked for package change), and now I'm unable to check for upgrade package or even change provider without paying stupidly high cancelation fee.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house = new 12 month contract

there are situations a new contract can be initiated when you move house but if that happens i thought the £20 charge was not part of the move - as i read your post - you moved and kep everything as it was which should have just continues your existing contract - but things might have changed so lets ask VM - will flag the post

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

In help section says "If you don’t change your services when you move, your contract will continue as normal." and I didn't asked but somehow they managed to change from 50MB to 50MB. How to flag the post to VM?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

i have flagged the post so wait for VM to get to the thread

Tony
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@vyckaks wrote:

...managed to change from 50MB to 50MB.

That's twice you have posted that comment - how is that a package change ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thats a question for Virgin.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

HI Vyckaks, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

There is a moving fee of £20.00 as standard for moving house. If you've been on 50MB and are still on 50MB this would mean you're on the same service at the new property as at the old property. 

For the online account this should log you into the old account, not the new one unless you have created a new online account at your new address. 

In relation to any package price change you would need to call the team on 150/0345 454 1111 so they can clear things up. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The most annoying thing is that I'm tied to 12 month contract when I didn't asked. I called to support and person said that they sorted an I'm now on rolling contract but in contract details still shows as contract ends august 2020.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I do apologise. 

If you move house or change your package this would agree a new contract. 

I'd advise giving us a call on the above number if you wish to discuss it all further.  

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

In help section on virgin media site says different What happens with my contract when I move?

"If you don’t change your services when you move, your contract will continue as normal. If you do change your services, you’ll be subject to a new minimum term as per the terms of your new agreement."

0 Kudos