cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house in 2 weeks - Been waiting 2 months for a spotter!

lyall86
Tuning in
Hi,

My partner and I have been Virgin Media customers for years, and we have recently bought a house. Our new house is in a road where (according to the online postcode checker) every house is serviceable - except for ours!

Back in May, I phoned up the VM customer service moving team, and spoke to a very helpful rep called Daniel. I explained the situation to Daniel, who was very thorough, and spent about 20 mins on the phone with me, looking at Google Street View and the cable network diagrams for the road.

Daniel told me that he could see absolutely no reason why our new house wouldn't be able to be cabled up, given that every other house (including the next door neighbours) can get VM. Apparently the street cable runs from the junction box past our house to service other properties in the road. When I told him the house is relatively newer (built 2005 ish), he said it's most likely showing as 'not serviceable' because the database hasn't been updated.

So, a few days later, Daniel got back to me via email to say that he'd spoken to the hotdesk team, and the reason the house isn't showing up as serviceable is because there was no council tax listing! He asked if I could send over proof to the contrary (i.e. a council tax bill), in order to get this amended. I did so, and a few days later Daniel replied to say that's all fine now - it was just an error.

However, he said that a spotter still needs to go round, just to double check that the house can be cabled up, and after that we should be good to go. That was at the beginning of June.

I then didn't hear back from Daniel for several weeks (despite sending a few emails to check the progress). Daniel eventually replied (just last week, so over a month later), to say that the spotter he requested never went to investigate. Daniel told me he was now talking to the Area Field Manager for our new house, to arrange to get someone round to have a look.

I have emailed him again this week to try and get an update on this, but no response so far. I realise it's a very busy time right now (according to Daniel, this is due to everyone trying to beat the stamp duty holiday deadline, as well as the student season with people moving home for uni), but it's been over 2 months with no progress! I would have hoped, as a loyal VM customer for years, who has been left hanging for the past two months, that my case might take priority, or could be expedited at this point?

I'm quite frustrated, and a bit worried now, as we move into the house at the end of this month (in 2 weeks time), and still don't have any indication of whether VM will be able to provide our broadband. I would have thought me reaching out in May would have been enough time to get an answer. My partner and I both need the internet for work, and really don't want to be living without it for long (tethering from our phones can only go so far!). I'm currently looking at other options, but really desperately don't want to have to settle for a slow BT connection.

I would be so grateful if someone from VM could take the time to properly look into this for me. Daniel was great on the phone back in May, and took the time to help, so I hope other VM reps can be as understanding and helpful. If a spotter still hasn't been arranged with the Area Field Manager, can this please happen ASAP?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@VM-Jon - anything you can do to help?

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony!

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @lyall86 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear of the situation that you have found yourself in here. 

Could you let me know if @VM_Jon has got back to you? 

If not I would be more than happy to reach out to the AFM from here. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi @Zak_M

Thanks for replying!

No, I haven't had a response from anyone here, and have still not received an email update from Daniel.

If you or @VM-Jon would be able to look into this today and check the progress with the AFM, that would be much appreciated!

Thanks, and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us lyall86. 

I'm so sorry about that, I'm going to send you a PM to get some more details so we can escalate this accordingly. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide