Menu
Boognish
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Moving house confusion

I have moved into my grandmothers house in order to provide 24 hour care, she is/was a virgin customer, but I have moved my account and services over to the new address. 

I moved into the grans on 22/8/20 and plugged homehub into the Comcast ('member?) box and internet proceeded to work as normal. 

On Tuesday 25/8/20 the phone line was cut (presumably to cancel her landline and port(?) My number...and today 26th broadband followed suit. 

Apparently we have an engineer coming on the 28/8/20 to install but I everything was working A-ok. 

This has left the home completely unconnected, which will not do, as gran has a care line pendant and box installed by the local authority. 

I've moved house many times and just brought the service/router each time, plugged in and all go. 

Why is this move any different? Can anyone explain. Or direct me as to how I can just get this sped up before 28th?

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house confusion

Hey Boognish,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've had when transferring your account to your grandmother's home.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that an engineer has visited your home and installed the services.

Are your services now working correctly?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Boognish
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Steven. 

Yes everything is sorted. I was way out of date with router and the new (to me at least) landline into router set up.  

Was a bit hairy when the house had no phone or internet for the care line box but it is what it is. 

Thanks for getting back to me!

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear that it's all sorted for you now Boognish.

I'm sure that it was a worrying time for you to not have service, I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused to you and your grandmother. The team should have advised of you that your equipment might have not been able to be moved over.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos