Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Moving house - cannot contact VM

I have been a customer of virgin media for 1year and earlier was a customer for 6 years

But I am moving home now.

1. When I go to web page, My account -> moving home I get a page "

Oh, crikey. We can’t find that page.

Maybe the link you clicked is broken or you typed in the wrong address. Perhaps the page doesn’t exist any more. Or maybe it’s just a glitch in the matrix."

2. The "message me" under https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/moving-home takes me to login page. When i login i go to my account page but there is NO WAY to contact VirginMedia(VM).

3. Tried calling customer care and waited for 35 mins and the line got cut twice automatically !!!

Around a month back I called and asked if it is possible to move my connection to new house. I got a call back from one of the VirginMedia engineers that he will look into this. Last 4 days he has gone silent. He is not answering phone calls or SMS !!!The street has fibre connection but my moving-in house is not listed to have connection.

Is there a e-mail address i can email to ? I cant find any !

Please help ! somebody answer ! if it is possible i want to move my connection or if not then i want to cancel and move to the new place and go for a connection that is appropriately available in that house.

Extremely frustrated. None of the web links are actually working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house - cannot contact VM

Call it in -- 08.00 is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through ok at other times. Go to “Retentions” on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4- "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tried that

The people in 1-1-4-4 say they cannot take up disconnection requests.

The moving team is not available until 10AM and i stayed in the line after calling them 1-1-4-3 (moving home) for 35 mins. It was playing a music and after 35 mins the connection got disconnected by itself ! waste of time for me

The people in the leaving team say they cannot take up disconnections. The destination house I am moving to does not have VM connectivity.

This is driving me mad !

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If where you are moving to has no VM service (is that right - or is it there but not active?) then you do want to terminate your contract with the 30 day notice - and so you were talking to the correct people.

If it is a seviceable property then you do need the moving team - so call at 10.00 on the dot.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 – not sure how successful that will be - replies do take longer - try both

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I will call them again and ask them to terminate the connection. Yes you are right - there is no VM cable available in the place where I am moving.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Then its termination you want.

Note if you are still in contract period after your 30 day notice expires - they will charge "early termination fees". NB - Dont cancel any direct debits until you, and they, are satisfied that all is £ settled - or they can - and do - black flag your credit rating.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

if VM cannot provide services at the place I move, why must I pay for the contract termination. The VM engineers have confrirmed that there is no fibre inthe place where I am moving.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Been done to death on these fora - do a search.
Basically... you are ending a "contract" early for the property you are in - why is no concern of theirs.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I finally managed to get through to them using 1-1-4-4 and the person on the other side was kind enough to connect me to the moving team. At the time of this crisis and all centres closed, this is just a bad time to take up moving houses.

They were kind enough to cancel my contract and fortunately i was just in the verge of end-of-contract period.

What comes in the bill remains to be seen after 1 month.

Thanks all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just saw this! Had I have seen it earlier I would have given you a direct phone number which beats all of the queue systems. I used it yesterday to do the same as you have. 

0 Kudos