Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving house - activating broadband at new house

Hi,

I requested to move my VM broadband and TV connection to my new address on the 2nd of November. I am at the new house now. I have connected the cable to my router but I am not getting the internet. I guess some settings need to be changed at the supplier side. I appreciate any help regarding this.

The order reference number is 8819108.

Thanks,

Chenna

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving house - activating broadband at new house

It sounds like the box hasn't been activated yet.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

You could also try the following, call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That is 150 from a Virgin landline options 1,1,1 and 4 or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, options 1,1,2 and 4.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house - activating broadband at new house

Thank you very much for your response! The issue has been fixed now.

0 Kudos