Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving house VM availability

Hi, I'm moving in a couple of weeks and the website tells me that Virgin is not available in the new address.

That seems odd, I'm moving from a fairly isolated place to a densely populated area so I assumed there would be fibre and coverage. I read somewhere that the message sometimes appears when the area is oversubscribed. Is there a way to confirm availability? I would be sad to leave VM after 6 years but just wanted to make sure before I contact other providers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house VM availability

A VM person should respond here in a few days and offer to take a look for you. But my bet is if the checker says its unavailable then that's likely to be the case.

Re. moving, in case you weren't aware of this, if your new property is not serviceable, then VM will say that's not their issue - you should have checked earlier - and will probably insist on the 30-day cancellation period. Also, if you are still within contract they will add early cancellation fees.

So check where you stand with that - either by calling is asap - or when the VM person responds on here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving house VM availability

Thanks for the heads up, I might need to bite the bullet but at least I'm not on a fixed contract.

Honestly it never even occurred to me that there would be no coverage!

0 Kudos