Menu
ChristianJ
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Moving home

I called virgin about a week ago to let them know I was moving home on 6/2/2021. They said they’d send a spotter within 5 days and call me.

It’s been over 5 days and I  haven’t received a call and would like an update please.

Also, would I receive a refund from the time I’ve moved home to when the new engineers come to install? I haven’t been able to use my virgin broadband since 6/2/2021 as I’m awaiting the spotter.

Thanks

thank you

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home

A week ago would be 3rd February. You gave them 3 days' notice?  That really isn't reasonable.

ChristianJ
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Had no choice in the matter unfortunately. 

The property we were meant to be moving to 4 weeks ago cancelled on us on the day of signing the tenancy agreement.

We literally had to scramble to find somewhere to live in 2 weeks. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's unfortunate for you.  If Virgin are sending a spotter there may be doubt as to whether they can actually connect you. If it involves digging up the pavement there will be a considerable delay getting permission.

In the meantime your existing contract for your old address will still be running, so I doubt you will get a refund.

Could you get a BT or other Openreach connection instead? 

apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

you won't be able to get a refund. you agreed the services at the installed address.

If you are out of contract you can give 30 days notice to cancel.
If you are in contact and want to cancel or VM can't install you for any reason you will be charged hte agreed early disconnection fee for leaving the contract early
ChristianJ
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There’s an openreach socket in the house but BT said they’d have to send an engineer to check it out first. 

Do you recommend I close my virgin contract then or should I wait and see what the spotter says? It’s an end terrace house and the middle terrace has virgin. Does that mean anything? 

I think because it’s a new build (2018) it’s not showing up on Virgin’s systems.

0 Kudos
ChristianJ
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Luckily out of contract now so I guess if the spotter says it’s a no go and Openreach says yes I’ll have to cancel my services. I have a feeling it’ll work out as the middle terrace has virgin broadband and we’re the end terrace. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you are not going back to the old house, you might as well give notice to cancel rather than going on paying.

If there is already an Openreach line into the house it will almost certainly be quicker to sign up with them.

apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Openreach HAVE to install.
VM will only if its cost-effective.

Its upto you if you want to wait or go with an open reach isp.

Its a personal thing..
0 Kudos