Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Moving home

Hi there,

We're due to move house relatively soon, all being well. No moving in date yet but most of the obstacles now overcome so looks like a formality.

Wondered how quickly it usually takes to move internet service to a new home? Wondering whether it's worth trying to book in a date now if i assume we can move in a month or so...!

We're currently reliant on the internet for WFH so could do with it coming fairly quickly after the move-in date.

Appreciate any help at all!

Thanks

Graham

Tags (1)
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving home

Hi this is one of those questions that is impossible to answer, it depends whether the new property has previously had virgins services before then its more straightforward, hopefully a virgin person may reply but many posts related to this, don't have a definitive answer. Regards Micky
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fair enough, thanks Mick. Guess I will wait until we have a firm completion date and just go from there!

Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know if it is usually sorted within say 3 weeks?

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It might not even be sorted if you give them 6 months! 

The problem is that they won't actually book it in until about 2 weeks from the date you request in case you cancel. 

Then there's the problem that they are not allowed on the property until you have exchanged contracts/ 

But assuming the property already have Virgin services, then a QuickStart should happen within a few weeks (typically sooner, unless they forget...) 

Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I think it is currently Talk Talk, but the site here says the house is in a Virgin area so I should just be able to move current contract.

6 months sounds pretty awful. Let's hope it doesn't take that long since I'm just transferring my service from where I currently live!

Thanks again 

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

A Virgin area just means you can request VM services, doesn't mean you'll actually get it 🙂 

But, trying not to be negative, if all goes to plan they could normally install in a few weeks. This is the most likely case. 

But, being realistic, if there's a problem (house has never had a virgin, and the underground duct is blocked), you could easily be talking months,

Only way your going to find out is to try it and see. 

0 Kudos