cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving home - "Let's Chat!" button broken

WillR27398
Tuning in

I'm trying to sort out moving our current service to a new house but after checking the availability the "Let's Chat!" button just doesn't take me anywhere or do anything. I also cannot find another way to access the live chat or any relevant contact numbers. Any help appreciated.

The button in question.

WillR27398_1-1664537221470.png

Also, the "Chat to us online" button doesn't do anything, the other 2 do.

WillR27398_2-1664537239221.png

I wasn't sure where else to raise this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah, ok - I wasnt aware it sent you to chat.

I would just call it in this way - but try first thing 08.01 - is always the best time to get through quickly

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate).

Use options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and the retentions are UK based.

Tell them you are moving home and need to cancel unless VM is available at the new address - they should quickly check that for you and then transfer you to the appropriate agents to sort the move

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I assume you are going through the process on...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home

So what circumstances/problem necessitated you going to chat?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Yeah that's the page I used. After entering my address to verify I am brought to this page https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home/move-serviceable (that says the address is valid) and the first message that appears makes me think I need to talk to someone to facilitate the move.

WillR27398_0-1664548768752.png

I have the information it mentions below that I will need so my assumption was I needed to click "Let's Chat!" to pass that information on and inform someone of the move, but either the button doesn't work or I am missing something as I can't see any other option?

Here is the bit below that mentions what I will need and another reference to chatting to someone about the move.

WillR27398_1-1664548945375.png

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah, ok - I wasnt aware it sent you to chat.

I would just call it in this way - but try first thing 08.01 - is always the best time to get through quickly

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate).

Use options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and the retentions are UK based.

Tell them you are moving home and need to cancel unless VM is available at the new address - they should quickly check that for you and then transfer you to the appropriate agents to sort the move

--------------------
John
--------------------