Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving flat - Account ownership transfer

Hello,

I am moving into a new flat in about two weeks (bad timing, I know).

It is very important that I'll have an active internet connection the day I move, dou to the current work-from-home situation. 

The current tenant in the flat I am moving tohas a virgin media broadband account and I've read in the VirginMedia's website that it is possible to transfer account ownership to a different person. 

It seems that the best way to assure I'll have internet connectivity as I move-in is to take ownership of that account (the tenant agrees of-course) - i.e. just keep the current connection that is already active in that flat.

1. Is that really the best way to assure I'll have internet?

2. If it is, how should we go about doing it now that the call centers are close?

Thank you,

Alon 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving flat - Account ownership transfer

Hello

The best option would be to do a move account to new property follow the link at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving flat - Account ownership transfer

Thank you for the reply Mike.

Just to clarify, I don't have an account yet.

The tenant in the flat I am moving to has an account, and I thought that taking ownership of that account would be the most direct way to assure I'll have internet there (the tenant agrees of-course) - i.e. just keep the current connection that is already active in that flat.

Alon

0 Kudos