cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving brown box

thewickedpicket
Tuning in

Hello

i need to have my brown box moved in order to facilitate a gas connection. It only needs to move 2m along the house but I don’t need or want any new holes or entrance points. Can this be facilitated by extending the cables etc?  

8 REPLIES 8

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

The box covers the hole in the wall, so moving the box will mean it's covering another hole.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

thewickedpicket
Tuning in

It appears my brown box is not covering a hole. My main connection is above into the wall. Obviously I know there are wires in the ground to the box. Maybe this pic will help explain what I need 

thewickedpicket_0-1697106264210.jpeg

Hi @thewickedpicket 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It won't be difficult to move the box, but remember that the incoming cable is underground at that point. If the gas pipe is coming to the same point there may be a conflict. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Yeah I see where the cable comes into the brown box. The gas work will definitely conflict with it but they have assured me their work is deep and Virgin more surface and they’ll take care.  We will see what happens but it’s the only real place for the gas box to go unfortunately. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The incoming cable will need to be extended, with a cable joint. I suspect this would be best done after the gas pipe is fitted, otherwise it may have to be done twice. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @thewickedpicket 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to help with this.

Please pop back to the community and let us know if you need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

That’s probably a better idea but they won’t situate the gas box there until the Virgin box is moved unfortunately.