Menu
James48
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Moving brown box

hi were having building work done and the brown box needs moving and cables are no where near deep enough to have the driveway done, can I have some help please as when we've spoke to someone on the phone they told us to ring you once the main cable has been cut and we have no service, how can this possible be right??

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Moving brown box

wait for VM to get to the thread they can sort it [maybe] - they are not doing non essential work until lockdown is lifted - no idea what they would class this - its likely to cost you £99

whilst the advice seems all wrong - under current conditions that might be the way to get it done as the job would change from non urgent to urgent and it might even be free - dafter things have happened

Tony
James48
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Tony 

0 Kudos
James48
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Brown box

hi were having building work done and the brown box needs moving and cables are no where near deep enough to have the driveway done, can I have some help please as when we've spoke to someone on the phone they told us to ring you once the main cable has been cut and we have no service, how can this possible be right??

0 Kudos
James48
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Moving brown box

0 Kudos
James48
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cables not deep enough

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Certainly that should not have been told to you, the issue that you will currently experience is that VM are not doing non-essential work like moving cabling, boxes etc due to the current restrictions in place due to Covid all VM are doing is installs and faults. Once restrictions are lifted there will be a none fault callout fee of £99.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

And as a suggestion @James48 , making three duplicate posts under different titles won't change the company's position on the matter.  I did escalate one because the CS agent's advice to just break the cable and report as a fault is not going to result in a good outcome.  You'd at least end up paying the non fault charge, and you'd be without any service until a re-pull of cables can be arranged, sometimes that's weeks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

James48
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

We have had virgin out in the past to bury the cable deeper because they had put the cable through a blue conduit which was sticking up 3" above the ground at the front of the house.

We were told that the cables had now been buried deep and would cause us no problems in the future when we had a new drive installed.

Upon further inspection we have found that the cable is less than an inch deep in some places.

If the job had been done properly and as promised we wouldn't be having these issues and getting lied to on the phone.

We were supposedly given a time and date for an appointment and upon ringing back to confirm, no appointment had been made or registered on the system.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

there is no "done properly" as there is no standard or rules for how the cables are ibstalled. some people just have them thrown under a bush on the surface