Menu
exilis
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving broadband hub

I'm needing to move my hub from its current position in the living room (where the virgin cable enters the house), into a cupboard which is in the middle of the house and has the rest of our network gear.  Can likely simplify things substantially too as previous owners had cables going everywhere (except where we need), so a handful of splitters in various places we could potentially remove as we have broadband only.

Appreciate I need to arrange an engineer to do this, but been having problems trying to get through either on the phone or on the messaging service.

In the meantime, I can run some pull string while I have the floor up in the next week or so from the current position to the new one, or ideally a new route from where the current cable meets the house outside (and currently splits before going through the wall), then through an air brick to the new location.  Would this be something the engineer would be happy to use?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving broadband hub

vm can do this for you. it will cost £99

Staff here can arrange this
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving broadband hub

Hi there @exilis

Welcome back to our Community - as our VIP @Anonymous has advised, this is certainly something that we can arrange for you. This would be a non-fault callout charge of £99 to move any equipment. 

Please do be advised that if you choose to move it yourself, you may waive any free fault callout charges in the future. 

Pop back and let us know if this is something you'd like us to get booked in for you and we can get that arranged ASAP. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos