cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving broadband from BT

A_HT
Just joined

I have Fibre to the property for Virgin and BT (new build). We have the virgin date sorted for installation, do I need to cancel my BT broadband, or will virgin notify BT to cancel

(I have no landline) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@A_HT wrote:

I have Fibre to the property for Virgin and BT (new build). We have the virgin date sorted for installation, do I need to cancel my BT broadband, or will virgin notify BT to cancel

(I have no landline) 

Usual advice on here, if you can, is to overlap the two services and make sure your VM connection is operating exactly as you want/expect it to before cancelling BT. Cast your eyes over this 'Quick Start' forum and you'll find many topics on delayed VM installations.

May cost you a few weeks in overlap package costs but should avoid you being without a connection if VM fails to deliver on time.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@A_HT wrote:

(I have no landline) 

Usual advice on here, if you can, is to overlap the two services and make sure your VM connection is operating exactly as you want/expect it to before cancelling BT. Cast your eyes over this 'Quick Start' forum and you'll find many topics on delayed VM installations.

May cost you a few weeks in overlap package costs but should avoid you being without a connection if VM fails to deliver on time.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey A_HT, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community and Virgin Media 02. 

As mentioned you are going to have to reach out to them directly. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?