cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving/adding another Broadband connection point

haynes77
Dialled in

Our existing BB connection socket is in our living room but I need to convert our bedroom into a home office and I need my computer to be hard wired for work purposes.  Is it possible to have an additional connection point for the router or does the existing one have to be moved and how much would this cost?  

Also, I'm a bit worried that, if moved upstairs, it will adversely affect wi-fi streaming downstairs - any advice/reassurance in this respect would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SteNix2020
Up to speed

You could run a lengh of Ethernet cable up to said Room from where the Hub resides.

VM can move the socket as I've seen on here costs £25 an engineer will attend and move to where you require.

Another suggestion would be getting either a Pod from VM to strenghen the Wifi signal or get a third party Wireless extender.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

SteNix2020
Up to speed

You could run a lengh of Ethernet cable up to said Room from where the Hub resides.

VM can move the socket as I've seen on here costs £25 an engineer will attend and move to where you require.

Another suggestion would be getting either a Pod from VM to strenghen the Wifi signal or get a third party Wireless extender.

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Haynes77, 

Thanks for using the forums to get some more information on this situation before you go ahead with your plans. 

I can see @SteNix2020 has already given you the correct information that we'd advise (Thank you!) 

If you have any other questions off the back of that info, or you're still wanting to book in this engineer visit, please let me know and I'll be happy to help 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L