Menu
shaysnile65
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Moving V6 Box Around

I've got a V6 box in my bedroom but sometimes want to watch in another room. If I got myself a length of co-ax would there be any issue just moving it and plugging it in temporarily in another room.

Some google searching seems to indicate that unless I get gold plated cable and have a rocket scientist "rebalance the levels" everyone in the street will loose service and VM will hunt me to the ends of the earth. I suspect it'll either work or it won't and if it doesn't nothing bad will happen, other than my wife tripping over loose cable.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving V6 Box Around

Hi you are right with your second statement, you must not interfere with virgins cables in any shape or form, it will imbalance your signal levels, and is not a DIY task, as you have read if you do this and affect all your neighbours services it will cost you not to mention angry neighbours, unfortunately if you change your mind and want alterations as a non fault issue it will cost £99. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving V6 Box Around

If you want to watch in another room you can get hdmi extension cables and wireless ones too. 

Unauthorised modification of virgin media cables is a violation of your terms and service and if you upset your neighbours connection through doing it wrong it's you who will have to pay the bill! 

0 Kudos